Cannot Save or Create files in Local drive C:\ in Windows 10 – The problem often encountered users of Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and windows 10 often cannot save files in the c Drive unless you are logged in as the administrator user and not as a normal user. If you experience this problem you usually run applications obsolete or adolescents should save the files on the C Drive. How to fix the file cannot save files on drive c: in Windows 10 different from windows 7 the Windows 10 we could not just specified in the User Account control settings to store files on the c drive, but there are still other settings need to be changed in the Registry Editor.
(For settings in windows 7 you can read here How to fix Can not save files to drive C in Windows 7)
How to fix Can not save or create files in local drive C: \ in Windows 10/ turn off your Control Computer Account
- First you need to set User Account Control Settings in Windows 10.
- In the search Windows type UAC
- Click User Account Control Settings change from setting Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (default) to settings Never notify me when
–Always notify me when: The system will always bring up UAC when it wants to install new applications or when to make changes to the system.
–Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (default): Then the system will only show up UAC when the user wants to install the new app.
–Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer: Similar to number 2, only this option will not Dim / dim the desktop screen when the UAC window appears.
–Never notify me when: The system will not give notification when new application will be installed or make changes to the system.
- Then all you do next is to restart your computer
- Now you just setting in the Registry Editor.
- In the search Windows type regedit
- open Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
- Then click EnableLUA on the right.
- Now change the Value data from 1 to 0 after changing this setting then later you are required to restart your computer for this setting to work
- After the set finish click ok, You must restart your computer to turn off your Control Computer Account
- Congratulations now you Can Save or Create files in Local drive C: \ in Windows 10
For this way Can not Save or Create files in Local drive C: \ in Windows 10 can also be applied in windows 8 and windows 8.1. Hopefully this article useful for you.