How to Make Bootable with Rufus to Install Windows with USB Flashdisk – For those of you who have a notebook but do not have a CD / DVD drive. Creating USB Bootable Installation Media is necessary to install the Operating system on your laptop.
One of the applications that can be used to make bootable on USB flash drive media is Rufus. With a very small size (only 459 KB), this app is also free (GNU GPL version 3 license) and portable.Rufus also has FreeDOS option, so we can use it to boot the computer in DOS mode (Disk Operating System). DOS mode is very useful especially in performing BIOS upgrade process that requires DOS command prompt.
The use of bootable USB flash drives (flashdisk, memory stick and others) will be very beneficial for computer owners, especially netbooks or notebooks that do not have CD / DVD drives. In addition to the rufus installation process is faster than using CD / DVD media
Rufus many support bootable USB almost all operating systems, including Linux, Arch antranya Archbang, BartPE/pebuilder, CentOS, Damn Small Linux, Fedora, Gentoo, gNewSense, FreeDOS, Hiren’s Boot CD, LiveXP, Kubuntu, Knoppix, Linux Mint, Parted Magic, Slackware, tail, NT Password Registry Editor, Linux OpenSUSE, Trinity Rescue Kit, Ubuntu, Ultimate Boot CD, Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Server 2003 R2, 2012, 2016, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and others.
How to Create USB Bootable Installation Media With Rufus
- Please download the latest version of rufus on the official website here https://rufus.akeo.ie/
- Enter your flash then open the Rufus app. Your device will automatically be detected as shown below.
– Device is a flash that we will use as bootable
– File System select NTFS
– Browse the iso file that we will bootable
- Next Browse the iso file that we will bootable (look for iso file where you saved it), Note the picture below
- Rufus will automatically change the file system from FAT32 to NTFS. You can also rename the drive to New volume label (optional). Then click Start.
- Next will appear WARNING as in the picture below warning Next stay OK
- This process takes about 20 minutes. This application is very fast, but it all depends on how big the size of the operating system and the speed of the flash used.
- If the process is complete then it will look like below means have successfully create Bootable with Rufus to Install Windows with USB Flashdisk
Media installation windowsnya ready. The next step you should do is set the BIOS to boot the first time from a USB flash. This is done so that the first device to read at the beginning of the boot is a USB flash.